If your incoming exchange visitor is unable to arrive by the program start date listed in the UConn offer letter and on the Form DS-2019, the admin user must notify ISSS by submitting the Amend DS-2019 Request before the original intended start date. ISSS must issue a new, updated Form DS-2019 to reflect the correct program dates for the exchange visitor.
Choosing New Dates
Work with your incoming scholar or research student to determine a new program start date before submitting the Amend Program Dates request to ISSS. The program start date does not have to equal the arrival date; the exchange visitor may arrive up to 30 days prior to the start date of their appointment at UConn to settle in.
New Offer Letter
The admin user must upload an amended offer letter with the new program dates to complete the request. Remember to adjust the end date accordingly, if applicable. ISSS will contact the user admin when the new DS-2019 is ready for pick up.
Submit Request in UConn Scholar/Employee Portal
- Go to the UConn Scholar Employee Portal , Click on the UConn NetID Login button and login with NetID and password
- From your Dashboard click on the “Pending Records” tab.
- Click on your scholar’s profile tile or if you have many scholars type their name (just one name first or last – the most unique) in the Search Box and click the magnifying glass to pull up their specific record.
- Click on the “Requests” tab.
- Click on the “Amend DS-2019” button on the left-hand side.
- Answer all questions and upload copy of new offer/invitation letter.
- Click “Create Request”
Do I Mail the New Form to the Exchange Visitor?
If your exchange visitor has not yet applied for the visa, send the new Form DS-2019 for the exchange visitor to have in time for the visa appointment. If the exchange visitor has already applied for the visa, and there is sufficient time for the visitor to receive the form before their departure, mail the exchange visitor the new form for travel. If there is not sufficient time for the exchange visitor to receive the updated form before their departure, then they should travel with the old form, and can pick up the new Form DS-2019 from the department upon arrival.