University Resources

Academic Help

Resource Centers by Campus


Academic Achievement Center Exam Prep, Time Management, Study Skills, Note-Taking *Walk-In Support and Supplemental Instruction for specific classes. 

Q Center Peer Tutoring, review sessions and learning tools. Support for Q courses Math, Physics, Chemistry, Statistics *Walk-In Support *Review Sessions *Downloads * YouTube Channel

Writing Center Peer Tutoring, Workshops (ESL Grammar and Styles of Writing) *Walk-In if available

Chemistry Tutoring Scroll down to "Additional Academic Resources" for Chemistry Tutoring Information.

Economics Tutoring OAK Hall 312, for help with ECON 1000, 1200, 1201, 1202, 2201 & 2202

Engineering Tutoring Peer Tutoring for Undergraduate Students *Walk-In Support

Language Tutoring Peer Tutoring in Spanish Chinese French Italian Arabic German. Call 860-486-3313 for schedule or visit Oak Hall East Room 207.

Physics Learning Resource Center Tutoring and Help with homework. *Walk-In Support

Statistics Tutoring Schedule All tutoring held in AUST 340 for help with STATS 1000, 1100,2215, 3025, 3345, 3375, 3115, 3515

Institute for Student Success

Undergraduate Advising


Paid Academic Private Tutoring

Chemistry Paid Tutors List of paid tutors is available in Chemistry Main Office (A100).

Math, Chemistry, Physics, Statistics Paid Tutors

Also, contact your individual professors for recommendations.


The Source for Active Learning Q Center, Writing Center and support services for Stamford Campus students.


Q Center Hartford Peer Tutoring, review sessions and learning tools. Support for Q courses Math, Physics, Chemistry, Statistics. Offers walk-in support, review sessions, downloads and YouTube Channel.

Hartford Writing Center

Avery Point

The Academic Center Q Center, Writing Center and tutoring services for Avery Point Campus students.

English Language Resources

English Language Resources - Storrs

University of Connecticut American English Language Institute (UCAELI)

UCAELI offers full time ESL courses on the Storrs campus full time during summer and academic terms, as well as evening classes for current students during the academic year.

Vernon Regional Adult Basic Education (VRABE)

Free ESL classes for residents of certain towns offered at Mansfield Public Library and E.O. Smith High School in Mansfield. TOEFL prep courses offered in summer. Courses offered in other towns as well.

Cross-Cultural Connections (CCC)

Practice your English with a conversation partner! Join this program coordinated by UConn Community Outreach. Sign up early! Contact:

UConn Writing Center

Free tutoring by appointment and walk-in, as well as seminars in academic writing for graduate students. The Writing Center does not provide line editing, but will help you to generate ideas and organize your content, and may be able to provide resources to help you practice/improve your grammar.

International Huskies Writing Assistance

IHWA is a student-run initiative to help support international student writers recognize and revise grammatical problems in their written work.  Contact:

English Language Resources – Other Campuses

UConn Writing Center

Avery Point




 Hartford Public Library

ESL classes and English self-study resources

Course Registration

The UConn Registrar office supports student records and course enrollment.  Their Registration webpage has helpful information for students trying to register for classes.


International Teaching Assistant Services

Learn about International Teaching Assistant (ITA) services at UConn, here.

Paying your Bill

Students pay their bill through the UConn Bursar office.

  • The University’s only approved and accepted method for international payments is Western Union GlobalPay for Students.  Payments can be sent in foreign currency or USD through a variety of options. To initiate payment, please go here:!/  Please note: You may only send payment for your fee bill to UConn.  Any funds required for personal living expenses must be sent directly to your personal U.S. bank account.
  • Over-payments from international sources will be returned to the originating account and cannot be issued as a refund to the student.
  • Undergraduate fee bills are issued by the Bursar’s Office in June for the Fall semester and are due August 1st.   Spring bills are issued in November and are due January 8th. 
  • Graduate fee bills are issued in July for the Fall semester and in November for the Spring semester.  Graduate bills are due the Friday prior to the start of the semester.
  • An email will be sent to your UConn email account when a bill has been issued.  Your fee bill will change with any changes to your credit level, housing, meal plans, and health insurance.  Your fee bill must be paid in full prior to attending Orientation (undergraduate students). Any student with a past due balance will not be able to adjust their class schedule until the balance is paid.

For more information on the Bursar’s Office, including all accepted payment methods, please visit

Visa Compliance Fee FAQ

Visit the Visa Compliance Fee FAQ for more information about who is subject to the VCF.

Dean of Students

The UConn Dean of Students office can help you with different issues that impact your life as a student at UConn. They also help students who are leaving the University, and who experience a bias incident.

Career for Career Development

The UConn Center for Career Development offers services and resources to help UConn students prepare for their future careers, including support with internships, graduate school and post graduate career opportunities, and special international student resources.