Which orientation should I attend?
UConn offers many orientation programs to new students- you are required to attend some orientation programs, while others are optional. Please use the chart below to find out more information about your orientation programs. This list does not include all orientations – for example, if you are a graduate student, your academic program or academic department may hold a separate orientation for you to attend.
|Campus/Degree||Undergraduate Students||All Graduate Students||Graduate Students with Teaching Assistantships||Exchange Students|
8:00 a.m. - General Orientation
**Submit Health History Form before arriving in U.S.
|January 17||January 21|
|Law School||January 16-18
LLM and Exchange Orientation
|Hartford, Avery Point, Waterbury||Various Dates
*Orientation may occur before new students may enter the U.S. with the Form I-20. ISSS will hold a meeting at the beginning of the semester to cover visa and other international student requirements.
Contact your ISSS Advisor to inquire about meeting date.
Orientation Information for Storrs Campus International Graduate Students
ISSS Orientation takes place Monday, January 21, 2019. See the schedule of activities below!
WELCOME NEW INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE STUDENTS!
We look forward to meeting you at our Spring 2019 International Orientation on January 21, 2019.
The fee for ISSS orientation is $50.00.
Please choose from the options below to process your registration and payment information:
Option 1: Register and Pay for Orientation by Credit Card (preferred method)
Register NOW for the Spring 2019 Orientation. Visit the ISSS Payment Store and click on “Submit ISSS Orientation Payment” button. Enter the following information in your registration form:
- Last Name, First Name, UConn Email address and your UConn Student ID # (7-digit PeopleSoft Number)
- After making payment you will receive a confirmation email from UConn. Please save this email and bring it with you, or have available on your phone on orientation day.
Option 2: Register and Pay for Orientation by Check/Money Order or Academic Department Payment
- Please fill out the following
- Please make your check payable to “University of Connecticut” and be sure to write your name as it appears on your passport and your student ID # in the memo section of the check.
- Come to ISSS to submit your orientation payment in person:
McMahon Hall, room 185 (Main floor above dining hall)
- If your Academic Department will pay your orientation please confirm with your department’s Graduate Program Coordinator or Administrative Assistant and complete the Registration Form. Very few departments on campus cover this fee; they will likely tell you if the fee will be covered by the department. If your academic department does NOT cover your registration fee, you will be responsible for submitting payment to ISSS as soon as possible.