- Campus Change Information on how to update your I-20 when switching to a new UConn campus.
- Change Education LevelInformation on updating your form I-20/DS-2019 when starting a new degree program at UConn
- Change Visa Status Notification - Program Update (ISSS Portal) Use this form to notify ISSS when your visa status changes.
- Check-in: ISSS Check-in for international students
- Check-in Form (Paper Version for J-1 Scholars)
- Completion: Program Update Complete/Shorten (ISSS Portal)
CPT (Curricular Practical Training) Forms
- Curricular Practical Training Guidelines
- Curricular Practical Training Application Work Permission for academic internships off-campus. Apply via ISSS Portal.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Pursuant to 8 C.F.R. § 214.3(g)(1) & 22 C.F.R. § 62.10(h), Immigration Services will keep your immigration records no more than three years from your departure date from UConn. It is your personal responsibility to keep all immigration documents for you and your family (if any).
- Dependent Request Form (also found in Dependents Page)
- DS-2019 Request Form (J-1 Scholars)
- DS-2019 Request Form (J-1 Students)
Extension Request Forms
- I-20/DS-2019 Extension Request Form (F-1 and J-1 Students)
- DS-2019 Extension Request Form (J-1 Scholars)
- Employment Verification Letter (J-1 Scholars)
- Financial Declaration Form (also found in Estimated Cost of Attendance Page
- F-1 Students: Update I-20 Funding(ISSS Portal)
- J-1 Students: Update DS-2019 Funding(ISSS Portal)
- I-539 Form
- I-539 Instructions
- I-765 Form
- I-765 Instructions
- Immigration Attorneys in Connecticut
- Immigration Document Update (ISSS Portal) Use this form to report new immigration documents or dependent arrivals to ISSS.
- Insurance Requirements (J-1 Visa Holders)
- ISSS Portal
- Leave of Absence/Withdrawal Form (ISSS Portal) Use this to report to ISSS that you are cancelling your registration or withdrawing from UConn.
- Major/Minor Change NotificationFor reporting a change in major, adding second major or minor.
- Medical Insurance Confirmation (J-1 Students and Visiting Scholars)
On-Campus Work Permission (also found in Employment On & Off Campus Page)
- Student Employment Guide
- On Campus Employment Sample Offer Letter
- On-Campus Employment SSN Attestation
- On-Campus Employment Request Form: J1 Students
OPT and STEM OPT Extension Forms (also found in Employment On & Off Campus Page)
- Optional Practical Training Guidelines (ISSS 344)
- OPT Employment Update (Report your OPT/STEM Employment Changes) (ISSS Portal)
- Optional Practical Training Application Work Permission for off-campus employment/internships related to student major. Apply via ISSS Portal.
- Optional Practical Training - STEM OPT Extension Application Apply via ISSS Portal.
Pre-Arrival Forms (also found in Pre-Arrival Information Page) for Students and Scholars
- F-1 Students – All Campuses
- F-1 Students - UCAELI Students
- J1 Students and Exchange Students – All Campuses
- J1 Scholars (Visiting Researchers and Professors) – All Campuses
- Reduced Course Load Applications
- Last Semester Reduced Course Load
- Academic Difficulties or Medical Reduced Course Load
- Reprint I-20/DS-2019 Request (ISSS Portal)
- Social Security Application Procedures
- STEM OPT Validation Report (every 6,12,18,24 Months) (ISSS Portal, see ISSS Homepage)
- Travel Signature Request Form
- Professor/ Research Scholar Travel Abroad Out-of-Country Request
- 212(e) Two-Year Home Residency Requirement
- Withdrawal:Leave of Absence/Withdrawal Form (ISSS Portal)