International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) supports the greater internationalization of the University of Connecticut through the development and delivery of services and programs that help our international students, scholars, faculty and staff accomplish their academic and professional goals at UConn.
To further this mission, we:
- Ensure UConn’s compliance with U.S. immigration regulations governing visa sponsorship for international students, scholars, faculty, and staff.
- Provide quality service and assistance with immigration and intercultural matters to UConn-sponsored visa holders and their families through advising, programs, workshops and events.
- Serve as the resource for academic and administrative units in the collaboration, hiring and sponsorship of international students, scholars, faculty and staff.
- Provide on-going orientation and support services in a welcoming environment designed to foster cultural adjustment to the U.S.
- Build links within the UConn community via cultural activities and programs.