Spring 2022 Information
Spring 2022 Travel Letter
Students and exchange visitors may use this letter to demonstrate ability to take in-person classes upon arrival. Show this letter, if asked, at your U.S. visa appointment or arrival processing.
Fall 2021 Arrival Information
Message for new international undergraduates at Storrs campus
Arrival details for new international undergraduate students at the Storrs campus, including vaccination, testing and quarantine requirements, can be found here.
Message for new international graduate students at Storrs campus
Arrival information for new international graduate students at the Storrs campus, including vaccination, testing and quarantine information, can be found here.
Message for new international students at Hartford, Stamford, Avery Point, Waterbury, and Law School campuses
Arrival information for new international students at the Hartford and Graduate Business Learning Center, Stamford, Law, Avery Point, and Waterbury campuses can be found here.
Message for continuing and international students
Arrival information for continuing and returning international students can be found here.
Fall 2021 Study Policies
Frequently Asked Questions
Students, visiting scholars and academic programs can review frequently asked questions related to Fall 2021 and COVID-19, here.
Visa Rules for Fall 2021
Students can find ISSS guidelines here, regarding fall 2021 and how study plans could impact your visa status. Updated 4/5/21.
Report Fall 2021 Study Plan
ISSS would like all students on F and J visas to report their intended study plan for fall 2021. Undergraduates, please submit by May 24. Graduate students, please submit by June 15. Report your study plan here.
Fall 2021 Travel Letter
Students and exchange visitors may use this letter to document the school's intended operational plan for fall 2021. Show this letter, if asked, at your U.S. visa appointment or arrival processing.
Submit Arrival Documents
- Link to form: Submit Arrival Documents
- Who completes this form:
- New international students with I-20 forms valid for Spring 2021 start term, who travel to, or are already in, the United States. This is how you formally report your arrival to ISSS, which is a requirement of your student visa.
- Deadline to complete: January 19. Graduate students who are approved by the Graduate School to arrive late may submit as soon as you can, after you arrive to the U.S.
Request I-20 Form
- Link to form: Request I-20 or DS-2019 Form (Students)
- Who completes this form:
- Incoming international students who do not yet have an I-20 form or DS-2019 issued by ISSS for your arrival. If you already have an I-20 and just need the start date updated, do not use this form.
- Students who have never had an I-20 from ISSS and are not currently studying at UConn from your home country should select I-20 Request Option 1.
- Current UConn students who are studying in your home country, but still need an I-20 from ISSS should select option 2, for current or returning students.
- Deadline to complete: For students who expect to arrive Spring 2021, December 19 or as soon as possible. For students who will begin Fall 2021, at your earliest convenience.