Welcome: Start Here!

Start here!

Welcome, and congratulations on your admission to UConn! International students must follow a number of steps before you can arrive at UConn. International Student and Scholar services is here to guide you through this process. Most international students must apply for an F-1 Student visa to study at UConn. UConn will issue you a Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for this purpose. Follow the steps to obtain an I-20 here.  Incoming exchange students, and students who are coming on certain government sponsored programs, must apply for a J-1 Exchange Visitor visa. The University will issue for you a DS-2019 Certificate of Eligibility for this purpose. Please follow the steps on this webpage to obtain a Form I-20/DS-2019 and prepare for your arrival to UConn.

Note: Incoming Bachelor’s degree students should follow the steps here to obtain an I-20 from the Undergraduate Admission office, but should still use this webpage for other important pre-arrival information.

Information on the Executive Order

Admitted students whose travel may be impacted by the President’s Executive Order should stay in contact with ISSS regarding plans. Please keep checking ISSS Information on the Executive Order for any updates and guidance as things change.

Not yet admitted to UConn?

Prospective undergraduate students should check here for information on applying to UConn. Prospective graduate students should check on admission criteria and procedures for both the program you wish to study in, as well as the Graduate School admission procedures.  

If you are interested in studying English as a Second Language, UCAELI offers an Intensive English Program.

Prospective research students must be invited by a UConn faculty member to undertake research or an internship at the University. Please visit our webpage for Visiting Scholars for further information.